Daily news and links for Tuesday
- Evan Lazar sees the Patriots linebackers as a position strength and breaks out each LB into inside, outside, and hybrids, with a scouting report on those currently on the Patriots roster.
- Doug Kyed shares his Patriots 53-man roster projection, with LB Cassh Maluia in; De’jon Harris, Derek Rivers out.
- Mike Reiss runs through the offensive roster by position, to see which ones are better or worse since losing Tom Brady.
- Zack Cox reviews the wide receivers to see who are the locks, near-locks, on-the-bubbles and long-shots.
- Andy Hart starts his position-by-position look at the Patriots roster with quarterbacks.
- Danny Jaillet (PatriotsWire) Guz Malzahn: Jarrett Stidham takes ‘coach-like’ approach to preparation.
- Nick Stevens notes Jarrett Stidham has been given the same odds for NFL MVP as Bills starter Josh Allen.
- Andrew Callahan takes a look at what will be missed without minicamp, as it’s becoming increasingly likely the Patriots will go the entire offseason without hitting the field.
- Luke Ervin (PatsBuzz) Five returning Patriots on the roster bubble.
- Michael Hurley offers his take on Peter King burying the Patriots on the Power Rankings, putting them third in the AFC East.
- Ryan Hannable wonders if the Patriots can handle another year of major coaching changes.
- Logan Mullen relays Dante Scarnecchia on why he believes his replacements will succeed.
- Darren Hartwell notes Scarnecchia all but confirmed that Patriots assistants Cole Popovich and Carmen Bricillo will coach the offensive line in tandem this season.
- Adam London highlights former Patriot Heath Evans, eager to see how the Belichick-Brady divorce plays out.
- Dakota Randall NFL Rumors: Cam Newton’s people initiated conversations with Patriots.
- The Providence Journal reports Bill Belichick will be among the featured presenters during the Rhode Island All-State high school sports awards show on June 18.
- Locked On Patriots podcast: Mike D’Abate takes a look at the Pats’ depth charts at both cornerback and safety and the potential units we might see in 2020. (33 min.)
- Kevin Seifert (ESPN) When will the 2020 NFL season start? Answering the biggest questions, 100 days out.
- Albert Breer (SI) Monday Afternoon QB: Rookies are way behind on signing; Justyn Ross’s surgery is big NFL news; More.
- Jason La Canfora (CBS Sports) NFL reality amid coronavirus: Players should sign now and hope for a better deal later.
- Cody Benjamin (CBS Sports) Bill Belichick still leans on Nick Saban, Chip Kelly as scouting confidants for Patriots.
- Mark Schofield (TouchdownWire) Ranking the NFL’s offenses from worst to first. Patriots ranked 26th.
- Nick Shook (NFL.com) Stephon Gilmore, Tyrann Mathieu among NFL’s 10 best in coverage.
- Mike Triplett (ESPN) NFL ultimate all-conference teams: Best pro lineups from Big Ten, Big 12.
- Conor Orr (SI) Five rule changes the NFL should consider. 2. Timeouts should carry over.
Subscribe to the newsletter news
We hate SPAM and promise to keep your email address safe