Connect with us

Its Called Football

Its Called Football

Feds say man threatened Ohio State during Michigan game


Uncategorized

Feds say man threatened Ohio State during Michigan game

Authorities are looking for a man accused of threatening to shoot up Ohio State University and hurt players on the football team in 2018By ANDREW WELSH-HUGGINS Associated PressJanuary 1, 2020, 10:00 PM2 min readCOLUMBUS, Ohio — Authorities are looking for a man accused of saying he was going to shoot up Ohio State University and…

Authorities are looking for a man accused of threatening to shoot up Ohio State University and hurt players on the football team in 2018

By

ANDREW WELSH-HUGGINS Associated Press

January 1, 2020, 10:00 PM

2 min read

COLUMBUS, Ohio —
Authorities are looking for a man accused of saying he was going to shoot up Ohio State University and hurt players on the football team in a threat made during the university’s 2018 game with the University of Michigan, according to a federal indictment.

The September indictment unsealed last month in federal court in Columbus accuses Daniel Rippy of making the “electronic communication” threat from California during the game, which was played in Columbus that year. Ohio State won the contest 62-39.

Rippy said the school would be shot up “and I’m seriously going to hurt the students and all of the players from the football team,” according to the Sept. 26 indictment.

Real Life. Real News. Real Voices

Help us tell more of the stories that matter

Become a founding member

Rippy was arrested Dec. 28 in Livermore, California, The Mercury News reported. Rippy was released on bond Monday, but then failed to report to the court’s Pretrial Services division as required, according to a court document filed the same day seeking an arrest warrant. Rippy also didn’t report to a halfway house as required, the document said.

“It should be noted that the defendant’s attorney was contacted and he also had been unsuccessful in contacting the defendant as of this writing of this petition,” Richard Sarlatte, U.S. Pretrial Services Supervisor, said in the Monday filing.


ABC News


Subscribe to the newsletter news

We hate SPAM and promise to keep your email address safe

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Most Popular Posts

To Top